Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Texas for a third time:)

So I went to Texas again to visit Chris and Jen:) There is so much to do in Austin that they continue to find new, awesome things for us to do when I visit. This time, right after they picked me up from the airport, we went to The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema. This place is so hard to describe because it is sooo unique. I've never been anywhere like it, let alone heard of anywhere like it. It is a movie theater that serves dinner and alcohol! There is a long table bar thingy that runs the length of each row in the theater and on the bar there are menus and paper and pencils to write your order down. You stick your order in between a metal post on the table and a waiter swoops in and places your order. You can order as much as you want throughout the movie! I got fried pickles (!!!) and a salad the size of Texas. Ha! It was all delicious. Not to mention the movie was in 3D and was awesome too. The waiters basically crawl across the floor as to not interrupt your viewing of the movie. It is definitely a different and fun thing to do. I wonder how I will go to regular movies now:)



Jen and I also got massages while I was there. I had never been to Massage Envy before, but it was nice. I got a regular hour-long swedish massage and because Jen is in her second trimester, she was able to get a prenatal massage!

I also had to take an Accounting exam while I was there because my teacher was a douche bag and offered to "work with those that had conflicts" but when I contacted him he asked me why I wasting his time. Soooo I told him to eff himself and took it in Texas instead of dropping the class as he suggested (!). I got a 93 on the exam and a 92 in the class for the semester. How do you like them apples, nasty-angry-professor-man?

Oh, and I also made dinner for Chris and Jen on my last night to thank them for having me again:) I made my favorite Garlic Chicken and Potatoes. It's super easy and, if I do say so myself, frickin delicious. It was overall a super relaxing trip and the flights weren't too much of a stain:) I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited to also know now that Jen is having a little girl!!! I predicted this, so I am extra excited. I have already purchased numerous outfits and would dress my dogs in them if I didn't think it would scar them for life. Haha, j/k, but I can't wait to see the little lady in these outfits! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment